Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Roap's Soap

We have been busy busy busy busy bees.... This post is to give everybody the Soap on the Roaps'. We are moving in the next few months... I know what you are thinking, "moving again? didn't you just move?" The answer to that question is yes. We moved into our beautiful house 2 years ago. My dad owns the house next to my MeeMaw and my sister was living there and just recently moved to Dothan. So that house became available so to help us pay off our debt my dad is going to let us rent that house from him. We will also be right next door in case MeeMaw needs some help. I have already offered her a hot plate every time I cook a meal and I think she is looking forward to that :) It is an older house so it needs some work so my dad is in the process, and doing an awesome job, of renovating the kitchen. We are in the process of repainting pretty much every wall in that house. Emma's new room is finished and is adorable (pictures coming soon). That house is much smaller and I am a little anxious about that, but the good news is that my babies are little and hopefully by the time they realize it is a smaller house we will be moving into a bigger one with a much better financial situation. That is our goal.

Emma... man, she is a firecracker! She has a little bit of an attitude now when she doesn't want to do something. She has fear now :( That makes me so sad. She has nightmares about alligators and begs to sleep in our bed and Adam has to get in the middle of me and Emma to be the strong parents that makes her sleep in her own bed. Those big beautiful brown eyes tug at my heartstrings. So now we have to leave her closet light on when she goes to bed and she cries her eyes out at bedtime cause she doesn't like being in her bedroom at night alone. She is very excited about moving, or so she says :) She has been doing Little Gym this summer and I am planning on enrolling her in the fall cause she loves it so much. She is such a big girl.

Eli... is growing up too fast! He is 17 months today and I wish I could freeze him. I love the stage he is in right now! He is so much fun to be around... always smiling and dancing (hilarious to watch him dance). His personality is coming out more and more each day and it is awesome to watch! He is such a sweet baby boy.

They are both going to attend Mothers Morning Out in the Fall at my parent's church 3 days a week so that I have time to give to my business.

Adam is doing good. He started a new government job a couple of months ago and is still getting used to it but is enjoying it a lot more. Same job he was doing before as a contractor but now he is on the government side and gets better benefits and all that. He had a little scare at the end of June with his heart, he was having episodes of his heart racing. We went to the heart doctor and they don't think it is anything bad at all and have him on a heart monitor to try to catch his episode. He is helping my dad renovate and doing all the painting on the weekends and some nights at the other house. That is keeping him pretty busy.

I am really busy. Emma and myself were asked to be in one of my closest friend's wedding that is happening in October. Her name is Brittley and she asked me to be the matron of honor and Emma to be the flower girl. Emma's exact words were,"I would love to be in your wedding." and ever since she asked Emma, Em keeps asking me to take her to the wedding! So because of that I have been happily busy planning Brittley's wedding shower, making her shower invites, and booking wedding shindigs on my calendar like crazy! I have also decided to show off my Stampin' skills by having a booth and being part of the Madison Street Festival this year on October 2nd! So I am about to be VERY busy getting everything ready and made to sell there. Please come out and show your support. I am about to change my business objectives after the first of the year from being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator with all the workshops and such to just start making invitations, scrapbooks, and cards for profit. That is what I love to do is make everything. I am not a good teacher and am noticing that is what I have to do at workshops and I don't feel that is my gift at all.
I have started running using the couch to 5K running program. I am really enjoying running which is weird because I am not a runner at all. I am proud of myself these days. I have lost 70 pounds since last October and am starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I am changing my life for the better and my doctors are very happy because I am a lot healthier. My goal is to run the Liz Hurley 5K on October 16th and the hopefully from there I will stay motivated enough to train for a 10K.

I think that should bring everyone up to speed on The Roap Family. Towards the end of this week we are taking a much needed family vacation so there will be pictures to post of our fun times when we get back :) Since we have been so busy it is hard to find the time to spend with the people that mean the most to us, so we are looking forward to a few days of quality family time. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

No comments: