Saturday, October 23, 2010

It has been the BUSIEST month of our life!

This picture tells it all: we are tired and are looking forward to re cooperating!


Between all the showers and wedding festivities that came along with me and Emma being in my friend Brittley's wedding there was... helping my dad renovate/paint the Stella house, working my tail off getting tons of things ready for the Madison Street Festival, being part of the Madison Street Festival (LONG day), took Brittley to the beach for a bachelorette weekend, Emma was a flower girl and I was the Matron of Honor in my friend Brittley's wedding, I trained almost everyday and ran my first 5K!, leasing our house, moving, moving, moving, Adam and Emma got in an accident and our van took a really hard hit and we ended up selling it, Emma & Eli are both enrolled and taking classes at the Little Gym, and did I mention we are moving? Enjoy the pics and catching up on the Soap on the Roaps' ;)

Just Us



Mother's Morning Out Fall 2010 school pictures





Beach Trip


Little Gym

My Stella & Co. booth at the madison Street Festival
I was there setting up and 6am and didn't leave until 5:30 pm... it was a LONG day.

I have been working so hard and ran my first 5K on October 16, 2010! the Liz Hurley 5K! My goal was to run the whole thing and I did in 36 minutes! I know for the experienced runner that is not that great, but if you look at how far I have come in the past year you would see how my 36 minutes signified huge success! I am very proud and am looking forward to my next 5K next month!

Our van.... sad situation. Big Thanks to my brother on this one. Our van got in a bad accident on September 17, 2010 and the insurance company kept having conflicting reports on if it was totaled or not. 3 weeks later the insurance company FINALLY told us it was repairable. After our van being hit that hard, I didn't want it back at all. Through a lot of coaching and advice from my fabulous brother, we found someone to buy it as is and then ended up selling it and paying off our van loan. We are now a one car family. We are being forced to embrace it this coming week, so please think of us as we adjust to this being a way of life for a while. Mondays and Fridays I will stay at home with the kids while Adam goes to work. Tues-Thursday I will drive Adam to work since the kids have school on those days and then go pick him up from work. It will take some planning, but we don't want to get a second car until our one car we have now is totally paid off and we can buy a second vehicle with cash. We are trying to change our financial future and get our debt paid off ASAP. Prayers are appreciated during this journey :)

I hope you are ready for wedding picture over load! These are all the pictures we took from Brittley's wedding... ENJOY!


Me giving my Matron of Honor speech at the rehearsal dinner












Okay, I have to pause here and brag on my sweet girl...
She went to bed at 11pm Friday night after the rehearsal dinner, woke up on the wedding day at 7:30, had NO nap, and was the Dancing queen all night until 11pm at the reception! She partied like a rock star and for the most part was VERY behaved! Ok, moving on.... ;)



Like I said before.... this picture says it all about the past month! We are exhausted :)

We are hoping on not being MIA for too much longer. We are still getting settled and adjusting in our "new" 50 year old home. Pictures to come as soon as I get it looking livable :)
As you can see just in the past month, we are going through a lot of good and bad drastic challenging changes right now (physically, financially, spiritually, ect.) Part of me can't wait for 2010 to be over because nobody likes change and hopefully by the beginning of 2011 these changes will just be the way of our life. I am so glad I married the perfect person to sit next to on this roller coaster of life. We are trying to remember to scream from the peaks, hold hands through the dips, laugh through the loops, and enjoy every twist and turn. This ride is much better riding through it together. God knew what he was doing when he gave me Adam :)
Halloween is next week so hopefully I can get some pictures on here to show you our Holiday festivities! But... since we have moved I cannot find my camera charger... phone photos will have to do!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Love the updates!!! See you all soon!