I always feel so guilty when I haven't posted on the blog in over a week, like we are letting whoever reads this down. But the truth is: I have only been posting milestones or when we do something exciting and out of our ordinary. So I thought I would give you a 'behind the scenes' post and let you know how boring we really are =)
I am the kind of person that loves knowing whats coming, so I love schedules. And my kids are on them and do very well with them. Our weekend (mine & the kids) start on a Friday morning and end on Monday nights... so Tuesdays are our Mondays, or the beginning of our week...
Tuesdays-Thursdays
7-8:50am We all wake up, Emma eats breakfast while I feed Eli; Eli plays while I try to reason with Emma to use the potty, get Emma dressed, brush our teeth, pack Emma's lunch
8:50am Rushing out the door to get Emma to MMO on time
9am Drop Emma off at school, usually I go run errands or go home and do some housework (Wednesday mornings I usually partake in a bible study)
11am Eli naps for an hour and a half
12:30 Lunch for Mommy & Eli
1pm Pick Emma up from school
1:30pm Put both kids down for their afternoon nap
3:30pm Kids get up from nap and Emma gets a snack
4:30pm Daddy gets home & he feeds Eli dinner & takes the kids to play outside while I make everyone else dinner
6pm Eli plays while Mommy, Daddy, & Emma eat dinner
7pm Eli & Emma get a bath
7:30 Eli gets his nighttime bottle
8:00pm bed time
8-10pm Spend time with my hubby if all the housework is done
4am Eli wakes up for a bottle
Fridays- My favorite days
The kids and I get to sleep in and everyone usually wakes up in a pleasant mood =)
Fridays is our Pajama day... If its really pretty outside we will put shoes on and venture into the backyard for a while. Emma loves watching movies in my bed so Friday mornings I usually let her do that. We stick to the same feeding & nap times as above but everything is lowkey and laid back.
Saturdays & Sundays- Daddy is home!!!
Adam lets me sleep in, I cook a big breakfast and we all snuggle on the couch for awhile and play with the kids. Sundays we have small group and the kids go to my parents house while we go to small group. We haven't been able to go to church in a while due to Eli's bad seperation anxiety. He doesn't do well with people he doesn't know so I don't want to put him through it. But we miss going to church.
Mondays
We have playgroup on Monday mornings, come home eat lunch, get naps, then its usually time for Daddy to come home soon.
See... so there really is not very much to blog about unless we do something out of the ordinary. I know, my blog is not what it used to be =)
I am not the kid of mother that has to have something for my kids to do every single second of the day. I just let them be little.
Somebody was asking me last night how I can be a stay at home mom and if it drives me crazy... My answer, no. I am so blessed. My kids are only going to be little for a little while and I am so glad I get to spend so much time with them. I don't want to look back and wish I had spent more time with them when they were little. I don't want to have regrets. I really enjoy how my days are spent, we are very content.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment