Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our week

This week started out a little sad... over the weekend Emma got better and everyone else (me, Adam, & Eli) all got sick! So Monday was manic with all of us going to the doctor. Adam had fluid in his ears, inflamed throat/sinuses, cough that sounded awful, and tons of drainage. I had everything Adam had minus the fluid in the ears. We both got shots and got put on antibiotics. Eli had a double ear infection and an awful cough and he got put on antibiotics too. We are all on our way to a full recovery now though! Adam went back to work on Tuesday and Emma had her first day of Mothers Morning Out on Tuesday too! Tuesday was sad for me... when I dropped Emma off she cried. I stood outside her classroom waiting for her to stop crying and she didn't, so after a few minutes I went and stood in the lobby area outside the classrooms for a minute not knowing what to do with myself. Some other mom came up to me and said "She will be fine, she doesn't need to be with you every day, this is good for both of you." Not what I wanted to hear at all. I wanted to smack the lady across the face and yell 'you don't know me woman, leave me alone'... but (don't worry, I contained myself) I just looked at her and walked towards a director that I knew and asked if they would call me if Emma didn't quit crying. They said they would and gave me a number that I could call to check on her, which I did... (twice). After I got in my car I got teary eyed and upset, what had I done to my little girl? I am making her go somewhere she doesn't want to go and if she wants to stay home I should let her...
Went home, laid around all day. Eli slept a lot cause he doesn't feel good and I just sat around with the preschool blues all morning. worthless. I was so excited to go pick her up, I rushed in and there she is just playing, being so sweet. When she saw me I got a huge big hug and her teachers said she did great!
Today was her second day of Mothers Morning Out and we went through the car line for the first time with no tears! And because Emma cried no tears, mommy cried no tears! I had the best morning: took the dog for a walk, got beds made, laundry washed & folded, cleaned the kitchen, played with Eli, took a shower, did my hair... so productive! Emma had a good day too, the teacher said she is the sweetest little girl so I think I am really going to love this Mothers Morning Out shindig! Sorry, I do not have time to download pictures today but I will do it soon.

1 comment:

Tracy Williams said...

So glad that she liked it on the second day! The first can be a little overwhelming...I cried on Addy's first day last year too!