Our fabulous doctor finally came back from maternity leave so appointments were made for Emma & Eli's well check ups. I am the type of stubborn parent that thinks only the doctor that I have chosen is the only one that I really like to listen to. While she was gone on maternity leave I had to take Eli in a couple of times for a rash that seemed to not ever completely go away and after seeing a couple of the other drs and trying all kinds of creams I just gave up taking him in until our Dr came back.
Emma was first to be "checked" and she was quite excited. She loves going to the dr, she occasionally asks me to take her to see the dr out of the blue. I am enjoying this because it will pass one day very soon. The dr told us how to self medicate Emma's constipation; looked at her discolored skin on her cheeks and told me it is very common in Asian and black children and she will outgrow it; and told us to start giving her a multivitamin everyday since she is not a great eater. Healthy 3 year check up!
Emma's stats: 37 3/4inches tall & 31.6 pounds
Eli was next... he hated it and made sure that we all knew how much he hated it. Would not stand on the scale or sit on the baby scale, screamed bloody murder. They had to weigh me by myself and then weigh me holding him to get his weight. I had no idea until the dr pointed it out, but Eli had ringworm on his cheek! We also got referred to a dermatologist in town to look at a rash that he has had on his boy parts that has been bothering him (itchy) for the last couple of months. We will see that dr in September. Eli missed his 15 month well check up since our Dr was on maternity leave so we kinda did a 15month/18month checkup all in one. He had to get 2 shots and has to go back in a month to get one more shot to get caught up on everything. Healthy for the most part!
Eli's stats: 33 1/4 inches tall & 26.4 pounds (the nurse was blown away by his growth chart, he has definitely had a growth spurt in the last few months)
Eli had his first Little Gym class, just for him, tonight. I took my camera and then forgot to take pictures!!! ah! I will take pictures next week. Adam and I have decided that we will start having "date night" with the kids on Tuesdays and alternate who takes Eli every week and then the other parent go take Emma to do something fun. I think it is only fair to let Eli experience Little Gym like Emma got to and this way we get individual attention with each kiddo.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment