Thursday, November 20, 2008
Baby #2 Update
I had a doctor appointment today to check on baby Eli and I am 24 weeks. Baby's heartbeat was 140 and my tummy measured 25 weeks. I got good news and not so good news. Good news is that my sugar test looked normal. I had the gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Emma so hopefully I won't have trouble with that this time around. They are going to check it again around 28 weeks which is in another month just to make sure. Bad news is that I am starting to have high blood pressure. The doc said he is starting to see a pattern so he put me on a low dose of medicine that does not pass through the placenta, so its safe for the baby. So then I asked what if it doesn't work... he told me I would get higher doses of medicine and if that didn't work then we would have to talk about bed rest and maybe even an early delivery. Then told me he didn't even want us to talk about the early delivery because he doesn't want me to worry about it. So please put this in your thoughts & prayers. Of course I am worrying about the worse case cause I want to be prepared. Now I am seeing the doctor once a week until this baby is born so I will keep everyone updated! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You and baby Eli are in my thoughts and prayers. Positive thoughts sent your way!! xoxox
Post a Comment