Monday, December 15, 2008

Our weekend

We have been pretty boring latley but had a little bit of drama over the weekend. I posted a couple of weeks ago that Emma got the croupe and it was awful, well she is pretty much 100% now. She passed it on to me & Adam, I am about 90% and Adam just wasn't getting any better and was miserable. Well we bought Adam a plane ticket as part of his Christmas to go to New York City this past weekend to see his mom and his brother. Poor Adam, who still didn't feel good, had a horrible Friday.... he had taken off work and had a plane to catch in Nashville at 11:30. I told him he should leave the house at least by 7:30 and he didn't leave until 8. It had snowed the night before and the snow was melting and causing a mist and then his windshield wiper broke. Then he came to a complete stop due to a UPS truck that had flipped over on I65N so he ended up taking a detour and then had trouble finding a parking spot when he got to the airport. He got to the check in counter at 11:15 and they told him there was no way he was going to make his 11:30 flight and all the flights were full until 6pm and he would get to NY until 11pm. He got out of line and called me at home and said,"Everything has gone wrong this morning and I just want to come home!" So he got a plane ticket voucher and came home. After he got home, we made arrangements for all 3 of us to fly up to NY @ 6:15 Christmas morning to see Adam's family for the weekend. We are excited, New York City is so pretty around Christmas time! Adam went to the doctor this morning and he gave him a shot and some new meds so hopefully he will feel better soon!
While Adam was having a bad morning I let Emma watch Sesame Street while I jumped in the shower. While I was in the shower Emma had found a poopy diaper and decided to open it and play with it... I was mortified. I should have gotten a picture to embarrass her later but I was too torn up about it when I saw it. Also, yesterday I let Emma feed herself her first PB & J... when she was done she had PB&J everywhere... floor, hair, down her back (still trying to figure out how it got there), ears, legs, ect. I had to mop my floors after I gave her a bath. I think it will be awhile til I am that brave again.
I know I haven't posted many pictures latley but we haven't really taken any pictures cause we haven't done anything, sorry! This week we are working on finishing Christmas shopping (and wrapping...ugh...) and getting everybody better before Christmas. This Friday we are taking Emma to see the lights in Nashville and Opry Mills so I am sure I will have PLENTY of pictures from that. Then we are celebrating Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve so I will post those pics before we leave for New York City Christmas morning. So I am promising lots of pictures in the next two weeks =) Hope everybody has a great week!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I hate wrapping gifts too!!

Helen said...

Sorry you had such a rough weekend, but I'm sure everything will get better!!!! Have a GREAT Christmas!!!

The Roap Family said...

We had a great weekend once Friday was over =)

Nanny Tucker said...

I love the "mintandsage" album you order of Emma! She is getting so big!
Also, I "Picture Tagged" you. Go to my blog to get the instructions.
Theresa