Thursday, November 19, 2009

Eli

Eli is a very sad baby boy right now. He woke up this morning with a fever. I win 'bad parent of the year' award because I didn't even notice he felt warm until after I dropped Emma off at school and met a friend at Target to shop for a baby shower present. She wanted to hold him and told me he felt warm... he was on fire! He had been fussy and wanted to be held a lot this morning while I was trying to get everybody dressed and out the door on time but I just thought he was tired since he gave me a wake up call bright and early at 5:30! I didn't have a thermometer in my diaper bag but I did have baby Tylenol so I gave him the exact dose of that and after I got home, well after the Tylenol was in his system, his temp was 100.8
We called the doctor, they told us one of the doctors had an emergency and they were packed full the rest of the day so to treat the fever with Motrin in hopes that it is just his teeth. If he still has a fever in the morning then it is more than likely that he didn't completely get over his ear infection from a couple of weeks ago. So please say a prayer for our Chunky Monkey, he is pitiful.

No comments: