Potty training is full of ups and downs... highs and lows... yays & nooooos. We are having one of those bad potty training kid of days. If you don't like hearing about toddler poo then stop reading this post. Right Now.
Emma started her day off with pee all over her bed because it had leaked through her diaper, but used the potty and got a sticker as soon as she got out of bed(yay!)! As soon as I pick her up from school she informs me that Mommy needs to change her diaper because she stinks. (She wears Pull Ups to school) I asked her why she didn't tell her teacher to take her to the bathroom.... no response. I hate changing toddler poopy diapers. That stuff belongs in the toilet now. It is big kid poo. Anywho... after her nap uses the potty all afternoon, received 3 stickers (you go girl!)! Then just about 30 minutes ago she poops in the potty! I am beside myself with excitement... jumping up and down, high fives all around, yay! On my way to get a wipe out of her bedroom to wipe her bottom I step in something wet. wait a minute. this isn't happening.
I go get Emma and bring her to the wet spot that I just stepped in and asked her what it is.
Her reply is "I pee peed in my room"
I say "Where is your pee pee supposed to go?"
Her reply "Pee pee goes in the potty."
I ask "Why did you pee pee in the floor?"
Her reply "It's my room, I pee pee in my room"
I sat there taking deep breaths and debating about what to do while I counted backwards so I wouldn't lose my head with madness. I know she is 28 months old. I know she is precious. She knows what she did was wrong to pee in the floor. I know kids have accidents. In my opinion I don't think that was an accident, the way she said it I think she peed in the floor on purpose. Emma didn't come with a instructional manual, no kid does. So what do you do? Punishment? Ignore it and let it go? I told her she was wrong but what else can you do? I don't think she got it at all and I think it will happen again. AH!
POTTY TRAINING IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment