Stop reading now if this subject grosses you out cause the dirt is not stopping here :)
So we started potty training Emma back in October because her teachers at school and my Mom kept telling me she was ready... Now I know she wasn't really ready, just curious. Learned that the hard way. She finally started getting the hang of it before Thanksgiving for a couple of months... so much that I sent her to school in big girl panties after Christmas break (very bad day), but she was wearing them at home and doing good. After that bad day at school it was like she went backwards and didn't care that she made a mess in her big girl panties... it got pretty bad. So I went back to Pull Ups, pulled out the baby potty, and stopped pushing her so hard to be potty trained. It worked! Brilliant! Act like you don't care if your child is potty trained or not!?!?! Yes, anyways... Today she went and sat on the potty all by herself and did a #2! We usually do stickers but we had a party and pulled out a cookies & cream ice cream bar because I knew she would love it and maybe she will want another one tomorrow... she only gets it if...
Yes, I know what Dr.Phil says about rewarding your child with food but who gives a doo (no pun intended)! Desperate times call for desperate measures! Ice cream being the desperate measure...
So cross your fingers that she keeps up the good work!!!
1 comment:
Dr. Phil can shove it! Haha. Maybe not, but I think it's totally fine to reward for this case--you guys are celebrating a big step for her!
Post a Comment