
Emma. She lights up our world. She is full of life, full of energy, curiosity, lots of LOVE. She challenges me every single day... to be patient, to be kind, to be playful, to be loving... even when Eli is screaming his head off and I have a million and one things to do. I try really hard to overcome those challenges and be the best Mommy to her that I can be and that she deserves, but I know that somedays are not my best days. But on those days that I have lost my cool or had to lay down the law on a certain thing or two that she is not happy about... when its over, she shows me that she still loves me. Emma makes me want to be a better person, she is the sweetest little girl. God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed us with this little girl. We love you Emma!

We started pottytraining Emma last Saturday, so it will be a week tomorrow. She is doing AWESOME! We are doing the 'all naked' technique here in the Roap household, so when people come over I have to explain to them that we are pottytraining and have a half naked toddler running around, so far no one seems to care too much. The first day she had 2 accidents on the floor and would only do #2 in a diaper. Monday I started telling her that everything goes in the potty... not the floor, not a diaper... the potty. She finally did #2 in the potty after crying for a diaper for 30 minutes. She got ice cream for that. i don't care what people say, bribery is my friend. After we go to the potty its a huge celebration with clapping, yaying, and dancing. We get to take the bucket out of the little potty and Mommy throws it in the big potty, Emma flushes it and tells it 'bye bye', we both wash our hands, dry our hands, then we get a sticker(this is a HUGE DEAL-#1 gets one small sticker, #2 gets 1 big sticker) then if it was #2 we get ice cream. After that celebration I am tired and it starts all over again... and this lasts all day. whew.
5 comments:
Yay for Emma! And yay for you! Potty training is the hardest thing in the world to me, so I know what you are going through. Good luck and I hope she keeps it up! So proud of her!
That's awesome she's doing so well at potty training!! I'm glad it's been a success so far! I hope she keeps it up!
Good for her...and you!!! Such a big girl!!!
Hooray! Potty training takes it out of a Momma, good for you for sticking to it and making it fun for your Emma. ;)
I'm SO happy that you've got such a wonderful family and a sweet little girl! Good luck on the potty training...sounds like you're doing a GREAT job!! :D
Post a Comment