This morning after I got home from dropping Emma off at MMO I put Eli in his jumper for a bit while I finished up getting ready for the day. I heard him squealing and laughing while he was playing so I rushed to the video camera (that we don't use as much as we should) and hit record. We sat there, him in his jumper and me on the floor next to him, playing peek-a-boo, giving kisses, and getting his sweet piggys (toes). He was squealing and giggling... so much fun. Then he started letting me know that he wanted out of the jumper so I picked him up, took him to change his diaper, and get ready for nap time. Eli has had a little snotty nose lately and was breathing heavy from his mouth since it was so congested. So I had to get the blue evil nose sucker out... he HATES that thing. I feel so bad for him but I know it helps him breath better. Afterwards he is always a mad little man so I try my hardest to cheer him up. Well since today it was right before nap time I had him all bundled in his sleep sack (love those things), I turned off the light and sat down in the rocker to sing and rock him a little (usual routine). That was not going to do it... nope, he was mad at his momma and the blue evil nose sucker. So I started being silly and in the middle of singing I would suddenly give him a boo with a funny face or nibble his cheek and he started cackling! Not laughing... cackling! Then, I couldn't resist... I had to keep doing it to hear that cackle and see that sweet precious happy face! After he would laugh, I would laugh. We did this for about 30 minutes, our usual nap time routine takes 3-8 minutes max. I would have kept going if he had not started yawning and sucking that thumb. I had to run and post this on the blog so later on I can look back and remember this sweet baby moment to cherish. Love him to pieces.

Emma goes to MMO every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 9-1. Originally (Plan A) I did this so that I could get some one-on-one time with Eli like I did with Emma when she was teeny. I must confess that I have been trying to get my household chores done during that time. I am now realizing that I am missing out on so much fun and am aborting plan B and sticking with plan A. The chores will be there, baby Eli will be 7 months old in 4 days. 4 days. 4 days. He is growing up so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment