Thursday, December 3, 2009

9 month stats

As of December 1, 2009
Weight: 18 pounds, 8.5 ounces 25%
Height: 30 inches 90%

It was a good appointment, we got his 2nd regular flu Vaccine (booster) and after talking to the doctor I went ahead and let them give him the H1N1 vaccine and we will have to go back in 30 days to get a 2nd one (booster) and I will have them give it to Emma then too.
We got the go ahead to start the transition to a sippy cup of regular milk during meals and to stop baby food and put him on a all table food diet (YAY! I am so happy) so he has been eating what we have been eating and sleeping so much better (was waking up 3-4 times a night and now since the diet change has been waking up 1-2 times a night). He gets 16-24oz of formula a day (my grocery bill is happy with that). I asked her what I need to do when he wakes up because we have been giving him an 8 ounce bottle every single time he wakes up. I was told he doesn't need a bottle during the night but he will take it if I keep giving it to him, so to stop giving it to him during the night. So when he wakes up we are told to change his diaper, rock him, and lay him back down. If he cries... let him cry and he will be fine. UGH... so it was a good appointment but this has been a very BAD week in the life of Eli. He started cutting his 2 top, huge teeth and I feel so bad for the kid. He just cries and cries and cries... and Mommy just does anything and everything to stop the crying SO we will not be taking the nighttime bottles away until AFTER Thing 1 & Thing 2 cut through all the way and we have our happy baby back (praying that is soon). But today was much better than the past few days. We went to Adam's Christmas luncheon/holiday party while Emma was in school and we had a blast and Eli didn't cry or scream and he was so GOOD. I was a very proud Mommy. We came home and he took a 2.5 hour nap and then we went and had Supper with Santa and to Santa's Village. Had a blast! So today was a good day, so I hope that means those 2 big toothers are done hurting him. I know, I have been a slacker. I have tons of pictures to upload on here of the kids. But this past week, when Eli gives me a minute to not have to hold him and cater to his every sad teething need, I indulge in the things that make me stay sane (a shower, a meal, brushing my teeth, cleaning my house so it doesn't look like a hurricane hit the house, cooking... you get it) So pictures are coming because we have been out and about doing lots of fun stuff.
Now it is bed time, More later...

No comments: