Monday, December 7, 2009

Day trip to Birmingham

This past Saturday we went to Birmingham and met one of my college friends, Jessica, for lunch. I have known her for 7 years, we lived in the same dorm and had a blast together at UNA. She is so pretty inside and out, one of the most down to earth people I know. She had never seen our babies and I wanted them to meet her and Eli let her hold him (big deal)! It was great catching up with her and letting her see Emma & Eli! She is one of the select few friends that I try hard to stay in touch with and I wish I got to see her more. Old friends are the best kind to have in my opinion!

After we met up for lunch we went shopping around the Summit a little since I was BRILLIANT and forgot my kids jackets, gloves, and mittens. I know, I win Mom of the year award for that one. I also found a couple of Christmas presents on clearance. Then we went to meet our friends Jessica & Dusty and their little girl Lilli Claire to go to Zoolight Safari at the Birmingham Zoo (why we needed jackets). They used to live in Madison and we hung out with them all the time and had a great time! Me & Jessica were pregnant around the same time and now the girls get along really well. Now they live in Tuscaloosa so we try to meet up in Bham every now and then to get together.

Watching the light show that was synced to Christmas music








It was a great way to spend our Saturday! We had a blast and can't wait to take them back to the zoo! The Zoolight Safari ended at 9 and then we all went and ate a late dinner at Johnny Rockets and didn't get home til midnight! The next day we all stayed in our PJs and caught up on our sleep, it was a great weekend!

No comments: